|105 m x 68 m
|Al Wakrah, Qatar
|16 May 2019
|US $700 million
|Qatar Football Association
Al Janoub Stadium is a football stadium in Al-Wakrah, Qatar. The Stadium is designed by Architect Zaha Hadid. Its construction started in 2014 and completed in 2019. The construction cost of Ohio Stadium is US$ 700 million and opened on 16 May 2019. It is owned and Operator by Al Janoub Stadium.
More Facts About Al Janoub Stadium
- It was designed by Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid together with the firm AECOM.
- The stadium features a curvilinear postmodernist and neo-futurist design.
- The appearance of the roof was inspired by the sails of traditional Dhow boats used by pearl divers from the region, weaving through currents of the Persian Gulf.
- The roof of the stadium is retractable and is made from pleated PTFE fabric and cables, with the roof arches being 230 meters long.
- The cooling system prevents the stadium’s users from overheating, due to Qatar’s hot and arid climate. It is capable of cooling the spectator areas to 18°C and the field of play to 20°C.
- The sports complex includes a multipurpose room, with swimming pools and spas and a shopping center with green roofs. The entrance to the stadium will be on a wooded square.
- The domes is absolutely unique, consisting of six interwoven domes and weight of 7,500 tons.
- There is a impressive visual of the technical platform hovering under the domes and holding floodlights.
- There was a huge amount of 460,000 m cube soil was excavated and installation of a 28,000 m cube concrete foundation slab.