|Height||827.9 m (2,716 ft)|
|Address||1 Sheikh Mohammed Bin |
Rashid Boulevard, Dubai
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|Construction started||06 January 2004|
|Completed||01 October 2009|
|Opened||04 January 2010|
|Social Media||Facebook / Instagram|
|Contact||+971 4 888 8888|
The Burj Khalifa is a commercial Mixed-use skyscraper located in the city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is the tallest structure and building in the world since 2009. It is designed by Architect Adrian Smith. Its construction started on 06 January 2004 and completed on 01 October 2009. The construction cost of Burj Al Arab is US$1.5 Billion and was opened on 4 January 2010. It is officially run by Emaar Properties.
More Facts About Burj Khalifa
- The Burj Khalifa is also known as Burj Dubai.
- It is the tallest structure in the world since its topping out in 2009 with a total height of 829.8 m or 2,722 ft just over half a mile.
- The building was originally named Burj Dubai but was renamed in honor of the ruler of Abu Dhabi and president of the United Arab Emirates, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan Abu Dhabi.
- Its Architectural height is 827.9 m (2,716 ft) and top floor (154 Floor) height is 584.5 m (1,918 ft) with Observatory deck at 555.7 m (1,823 ft).
- Burj has the highest Observatory deck on floor 124 & 125 which costs around US$40 to US$150.
- Burj Khalifa was designed by Adrian Smith of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, whose firm designed the Willis Tower and One World Trade Center.
- During construction, five people died.
- Burj Khalifa has Y-shaped tripartite floor geometry is designed to optimize residential and hotel space. It contains a total of 57 elevators and 8 escalators.
Burj Khalifa set several World Records
- World’s tallest structure that includes residential space.
- World’s highest elevator installation.
- World’s longest travel distance elevators about 504 m (1,654 ft).
- Highest vertical concrete pumping 606 m (1,988 ft).
- World’s highest installation of aluminum and glass panels at 512 m (1,680 ft).
- World’s highest restaurant at the 122nd floor – 442 m (1,450 ft).
- World’s highest nightclub at 144th floor.
- World’s largest light and sound show staged on a single building.
- World’s highest New Year display of fireworks.
|156–159||Communication and Broadcast|
|38–39||Armani Hotel suites|
|Ground – 8||Armani Hotel|
Great! nice Article