|Koh Seow Chuan
|5′ 6” or 168 cm
|University of Melbourne
|Bachelor of Architecture
|Lim Wen Gin
|Three daughters & One son
|Architect and Designer
|1965 – Present
Koh Seow Chuan is an architect from Singapore, a philatelist, philanthropist, and founder of DP Architects. He was born in 1939 and his birthplace is Singapore. His height is about 5′ 6”. He completed his graduation from the University of Melbourne. Koh Seow Chuan’s wife’s name is Lim Wen Gin and they have three daughters & One son.
More facts About Koh Seow Chuan
- In 1967, together with William Lim and Tay Kheng Soon, Koh established Design Partnership (renamed DP Architects Pte Ltd in 1975)
- DP Architects has spearheaded the design of many iconic buildings in Singapore, including Suntec City, Paragon, Bugis Junction, and Dubai Mall.
- Koh, a member of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
- He is an avid collector of stamps, historical documents, old postcards, cultural artifacts, maps, photographs, antique books, and art pieces, and has exhibited or donated many of these.
- Some of his collections, including photographs and postcards which dates from the 1880s, are on display at the Singapore Philatelic Museum.
- Koh served as President of the Singapore Stamp Club in 1967.
- He was one of the founders of the Association of Singapore Philatelists and held the position of President in 1989.
- Koh was the Vice-President of the organizing committee of the Singapore World Stamp Exhibition in 1995.
- In 2003, Koh donated 150 paintings by Singaporean artist Lim Tze Peng to the Singapore Art Museum.
- He donated 63 artworks by Wong Keen to Singapore Abstract Expressionist, worth S$1.27 million to the Singapore Art Museum in 2007.
- In 2007 he donated 2,231 items of mainly late 19th and early 20th-century rare documents of the Straits Settlements and Singapore.
Koh Seow Chuan is the founder of DP Architects Pte Ltd. According to the revenue of DP Architects firm, Koh Seow’s net worth would be US$45 Million.
|President of Singapore Stamp Club
|President of Association of Singapore Philatelists
|Board member of National Heritage Board
|Chairman of Singapore Philatelic Museum
|President of Federation of International Philately
|Chairman of the National Art Gallery
|Chairman of Visual Arts Cluster Advisory Board
Ministry of Culture, Community, and Youth
|Public Service Star
|Large Gold Medal, Paris World Stamp Exhibition
|First Singaporean to sign the Roll of Distinguished Philatelists
|Grand Prix National Award, World Philatelic Exhibition, Canada.
|Patron of the Arts
|Worldwide Design Award
|President’s Design Award
|Patron of Heritage Award
|Distinguished Patron of Heritage Award
|Distinguished Patron of the Arts Award
|Singapore Design Golden Jubilee Award