|Total Floor Space||2,230,000 sq ft (207,000 m sq)|
|Address||Rungra Island, Pyongyang, |
|Renovated & Expanded||2013 (2015-Opened)|
|Cost||USD $210 million|
|Owner||North Korea Government|
The Rungrado May Day Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium on Rungra Island, Pyongyang, North Korea. Its construction started in 1986 and completed in 1989. The full name is The Rungrado 1st of May Stadium Pyongyang. The construction cost of Rungrado May Day Stadium is USD $210 million and its owned by North Korea Government.
|Stadium By Capacity||Rank|
More Facts About Rungrado May Day Stadium
- The 13th World Festival of Youth and Students was the first event held in Rungrado Stadium
- Rungrado 1st of May Stadium is the largest stadium in the world by seating capacity, it occupies an area of 20.7 hectares (51 acres).
- The stadium’s scalloped roof features 16 arches arranged in a ring and resembles a magnolia blossom.
- In 2007 there was a Gymnastics event in which 100,090 participants setting the Guinness Book of Records.
- President Moon Jae-in of South Korea gave a speech with Chairman Kim Jong-un to 150,000 North Korean spectators in Rungrado May Stadium
- In July 2019, Kim Jong-un hosted Chinese Communist Party general secretary Xi Jinping to a special Grand Mass Gymnastics and Artistic performance called “Invincible Socialism”, on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of China-North Korea relations.