|Field Size||486 x 510 ft |
162 x 170 yards
|Surface||Australian Grass (Oval)|
|Address||Motera, Ahmedabad, |
|Renovated & Expanded||24 February 2020|
|Cost||USD $110 million|
|Owner||Gujarat Cricket Association|
Sardar Patel Stadium is also is known as Motera Stadium a cricket stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The Stadium is designed by Shashi Prabhu. Its construction started in 1983 and completed in 1988. On 24 February 2020, it was Renovated & Expanded. The construction cost of Sardar Patel Stadium is USD $110 million and the owner is Gujarat Cricket Association.
|Stadium By Capacity||Rank|
More Facts About Sardar Patel Stadium
- The stadium was constructed in 1983 and was first renovated in 2006. In 2015 its was demolished before being completely rebuilt by February 2020, with an increase in capacity to 110,000.
- Sardar Patel Stadium is the largest cricket stadium in the world and the second-largest stadium overall, as of 2020.
- It has hosted matches during the 2011 Cricket World Cups.
- The stadium hosted the opening of “Namaste Trump”, the inaugural visit of US President Donald Trump on 24 February 2020.
- The redesigned stadium occupies 63 acres of land, with three entry points with the metro station by a skywalk to decrease road congestion.
- The stadium contains 76 corporate boxes, a 55-room clubhouse, an Olympic sized swimming pool, four dressing rooms, badminton & tennis courts, table tennis area, 3D projector theater, and 50 rooms.
- The parking lot can accommodate 3,000 cars and 10,000 two-wheelers.
- The LED lights are installed on the roof instead of floodlights with anti-bacterial, fireproof canopy with the PTFE membrane.
- The roof was done by the company Walter P Moore and was specifically designed to be lightweight and separate from the seating bowls in order to make it fairly earthquake resistant.
- The structure eliminates the need for pillars and gives spectators an unobstructed view of the entire field from any place in the Stadium.