|Architectural Height||2119 m (817 ft)|
|Address||Chowringhee, Kolkata, |
West Bengal, India
|Cost||USD $150 million|
The 42 is a residential skyscraper located at Chowringhee, Kolkata in the state of West Bengal, India. The tower is designed by Hafeez Contractor. Its construction started in 2008 and was completed in 2019. The construction cost of The 42 skyscrapers is USD $150 million and will be opened in 2019. The owner of The 42 are Mani Group, Salarpuria Sattva Group, Diamond Group & Alcove Realty.
More Facts About The 42 Skyscraper
- Construction was started in 2008 and completed in 2019, making it the 5th tallest building in India.
- ITC Private Limited sued the 42 Skyscraper developers for the light and air rights because of the adjoining ”Fountain Court Property”.
- On 19 August 2013, the Calcutta High Court passed an order that any steps taken by the developers would be subject to the outcome of the case filed by ITC.
- On 8 May 2014, the Court ordered that the developers of The 42 should not proceed with the construction at a pace to defeat the interests of ITC. (Calcutta High Court, GA Case No 2698 / 2013)
- The matter is pending before the Calcutta High Court.