|Full Name||Tom Wright|
|Born||18 September 1957|
|Birthplace||Shirley, Croydon, United Kingdom|
|Height||5′ 8” or 174 cm|
|School||Royal Russell School, Croydon|
|College||Kingston University, South London|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Architecture|
|Occupation||Architect and Designer|
|Year Active||1980 – Present|
|Social Media||Facebook / Instagram|
Tom Wright is a British architect best known as the designer of the Burj Al Arab in Dubai. He was born on 18 September 1957 and his birthplace is Shirley, Croydon, United Kingdom. His height is about 5′ 8”. He completed his schooling at Royal Russell School, Croydon, and did his graduation from Kingston University, South London.
More facts About Tom Wright
- Wright was accepted as a member of the Royal Institute of British Architects in 1983
- Later he becomes a director of the architectural practice Lister Drew Haines Barrow, which was taken over in 1991 by Atkins.
- He was design director for the Jumeirah Beach Resort, Dubai, and also designed the Burj Al Arab.
- In 2013 Tom Wright, Geku George, and Hakim Khennouchi left Atkins to create a new practice called WKK Architects incorporating.
- Currently, he is working on ”Celebrity Cruises” projects and brings a number of innovations to the cruise ship industry.
Wright was appointed as director of the architectural practice in Lister Drew Haines Barrow, which was taken over in 1991 by Atkins. After working for 24 years in Atkins, Wright and his friend create a new firm called WKK Architects. According to WKK Architects’ revenue, Tom Wright’s net worth would be US$8 Million.